J&K NH closed for traffic due to flash floods, landslides
Jammu: The Jammu-Srinagar National Highway was Monday closed for traffic due to flash floods and landslides triggered by heavy rains in Ramban district, leaving over 1200 vehicles stranded.
The highway was closed for traffic as a portion of the
road was washed away at Kunfur nallah in Chanderkote area due
to flash floods triggered by heavy rains early today, traffic
police officials said.
The highway was also blocked due to landslides
triggered by rains at Panthal in Ramban district, they said,
adding that over 1200 vehicles were stranded at various places
in Udhampur, Nagrota, Chenani, Kud, Patnitop, Ramban and
The men and machines of Border Road Organisation (BRO)
are working to clear the landslide. The road would be repaired
once the rains stop.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi