J&K NH closed for traffic due to flash floods, landslides
Jammu: The Jammu-Srinagar National Highway was Monday closed for traffic due to flash floods and landslides triggered by heavy rains in Ramban district, leaving over 1200 vehicles stranded.
The highway was closed for traffic as a portion of the
road was washed away at Kunfur nallah in Chanderkote area due
to flash floods triggered by heavy rains early today, traffic
police officials said.
The highway was also blocked due to landslides
triggered by rains at Panthal in Ramban district, they said,
adding that over 1200 vehicles were stranded at various places
in Udhampur, Nagrota, Chenani, Kud, Patnitop, Ramban and
The men and machines of Border Road Organisation (BRO)
are working to clear the landslide. The road would be repaired
once the rains stop.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP