J&K panchayat polls: 82% vote registered in ninth phase
Jammu: The ninth phase of the Jammu and
Kashmir panchayat elections concluded peacefully on Monday with
over 82 percent polling recorded, officials said.
"82.13 percent polling was registered in the nine phase
of the panchayat elections. The polls passed off peacefully,"
Today`s polling will decide the fate of 253 sarpanches
and 1,790 panches in nine blocks -- Ramban, Kathua, Srinagar,
Kishtwar, Singhpora (Baramulla), Sumbal (Bandipora), Tangdhar
(Kupwara), Khoveripora (Anantnag) and Marh (Jammu).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal