J&K SRTC employees stage protest
Jammu: The employees of State Road Transport Corporation under the Voluntary Retirement Scheme Monday took out a rally demanding clearance of pending dues and arrears.
The employees attempted to march towards the Civil Secretariat but they were stopped by police, leading to a minor clash.
"We will continue our protest till our demands are met," one of the protestors, Dev Raj Bali, said.
The protesters raised slogans against the government for not clearing their pending dues of cost of living allowance and demanded implementation of Sixth Pay Commission.
They appealed to the state government to consider their demands and said pending dues of all VRS employees should be cleared as soon as possible.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read