J&K SRTC employees stage protest
Jammu: The employees of State Road Transport Corporation under the Voluntary Retirement Scheme Monday took out a rally demanding clearance of pending dues and arrears.
The employees attempted to march towards the Civil Secretariat but they were stopped by police, leading to a minor clash.
"We will continue our protest till our demands are met," one of the protestors, Dev Raj Bali, said.
The protesters raised slogans against the government for not clearing their pending dues of cost of living allowance and demanded implementation of Sixth Pay Commission.
They appealed to the state government to consider their demands and said pending dues of all VRS employees should be cleared as soon as possible.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical