J&K SRTC employees stage protest
Jammu: The employees of State Road Transport Corporation under the Voluntary Retirement Scheme Monday took out a rally demanding clearance of pending dues and arrears.
The employees attempted to march towards the Civil Secretariat but they were stopped by police, leading to a minor clash.
"We will continue our protest till our demands are met," one of the protestors, Dev Raj Bali, said.
The protesters raised slogans against the government for not clearing their pending dues of cost of living allowance and demanded implementation of Sixth Pay Commission.
They appealed to the state government to consider their demands and said pending dues of all VRS employees should be cleared as soon as possible.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP