J&K temperatures continue to fall
Srinagar: The Kashmir Valley continued to reel under intense cold as the night temperature in Srinagar further dipped and settled at minus 2.6 degrees Celsius, the season`s lowest so far.
However, Leh in the frontier region of Ladakh continued to be the coldest place in the region with a low of minus 12.0 degrees C followed by minus 10.8 degrees C in nearby Kargil district, a spokesman of the MET office said.
He said Pahalgam hill resort, which also serves as the base camp for annual Amarnath yatra during summer, recorded a night temperature of minus 4.5 degrees C -- the coldest in the Valley.
Gulmarg ski resort in north Kashmir also recorded a low of minus of 4.2 degrees C followed by Kupwara (minus 3.1), Qazigund (minus 3.0) and Kokernag (minus 0.8), the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress