J&K temperatures continue to fall
Srinagar: The Kashmir Valley continued to reel under intense cold as the night temperature in Srinagar further dipped and settled at minus 2.6 degrees Celsius, the season`s lowest so far.
However, Leh in the frontier region of Ladakh continued to be the coldest place in the region with a low of minus 12.0 degrees C followed by minus 10.8 degrees C in nearby Kargil district, a spokesman of the MET office said.
He said Pahalgam hill resort, which also serves as the base camp for annual Amarnath yatra during summer, recorded a night temperature of minus 4.5 degrees C -- the coldest in the Valley.
Gulmarg ski resort in north Kashmir also recorded a low of minus of 4.2 degrees C followed by Kupwara (minus 3.1), Qazigund (minus 3.0) and Kokernag (minus 0.8), the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video