J&K temperatures continue to fall
Srinagar: The Kashmir Valley continued to reel under intense cold as the night temperature in Srinagar further dipped and settled at minus 2.6 degrees Celsius, the season`s lowest so far.
However, Leh in the frontier region of Ladakh continued to be the coldest place in the region with a low of minus 12.0 degrees C followed by minus 10.8 degrees C in nearby Kargil district, a spokesman of the MET office said.
He said Pahalgam hill resort, which also serves as the base camp for annual Amarnath yatra during summer, recorded a night temperature of minus 4.5 degrees C -- the coldest in the Valley.
Gulmarg ski resort in north Kashmir also recorded a low of minus of 4.2 degrees C followed by Kupwara (minus 3.1), Qazigund (minus 3.0) and Kokernag (minus 0.8), the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'