J&K witnesses incident free R-Day
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday witnessed an
incident-free Republic Day with an impressive turnout at the
main function at the MAM Stadium which was packed to capacity
for the first time in 22 years of militancy in the state.
Governor NN Vohra unfurled the tricolour and inspected
the parade by contingents of the Army, BSF, CRPF, J&K Armed
Police, J&K Police, J&K Auxiliary Police, J&K Prison Police,
J&K Fire and Emergency Service, J&K Forest Protection Force
and NCC cadets.
Vohra appreciated the role of security forces in
preventing cross border infiltration and asked security forces
to maintain constant vigilance along the border line to foil
"Adversary elements across the border have not given
up their malicious resolve to disturb and destabilise our
country," he said in his Republic Day address.
In Srinagar, Finance Minister Abdul Rahim Rather unfurled
the national flag at Bakshi Stadium.
An official spokesman said the day passed off peacefully
across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders