J&K witnesses incident free R-Day
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday witnessed an
incident-free Republic Day with an impressive turnout at the
main function at the MAM Stadium which was packed to capacity
for the first time in 22 years of militancy in the state.
Governor NN Vohra unfurled the tricolour and inspected
the parade by contingents of the Army, BSF, CRPF, J&K Armed
Police, J&K Police, J&K Auxiliary Police, J&K Prison Police,
J&K Fire and Emergency Service, J&K Forest Protection Force
and NCC cadets.
Vohra appreciated the role of security forces in
preventing cross border infiltration and asked security forces
to maintain constant vigilance along the border line to foil
"Adversary elements across the border have not given
up their malicious resolve to disturb and destabilise our
country," he said in his Republic Day address.
In Srinagar, Finance Minister Abdul Rahim Rather unfurled
the national flag at Bakshi Stadium.
An official spokesman said the day passed off peacefully
across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof