J&K witnesses incident free R-Day
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday witnessed an
incident-free Republic Day with an impressive turnout at the
main function at the MAM Stadium which was packed to capacity
for the first time in 22 years of militancy in the state.
Governor NN Vohra unfurled the tricolour and inspected
the parade by contingents of the Army, BSF, CRPF, J&K Armed
Police, J&K Police, J&K Auxiliary Police, J&K Prison Police,
J&K Fire and Emergency Service, J&K Forest Protection Force
and NCC cadets.
Vohra appreciated the role of security forces in
preventing cross border infiltration and asked security forces
to maintain constant vigilance along the border line to foil
"Adversary elements across the border have not given
up their malicious resolve to disturb and destabilise our
country," he said in his Republic Day address.
In Srinagar, Finance Minister Abdul Rahim Rather unfurled
the national flag at Bakshi Stadium.
An official spokesman said the day passed off peacefully
across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda