Jawan dies in grenade blast in Rajouri
Jammu: An Army jawan was on Monday killed in a grenade blast in the border belt of Jammu and Kashmir`s Rajouri district.
Jawan Hardev Singh of Sikh Regiment was critically injured in the grenade blast that took place in Chati Bakri forward post along the Indo-Pakistan border in Keri
sub-sector, officials said.
Singh later succumbed to his injuries, they said.
A court of inquiry was ordered into the incident, the officials added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley