JK govt has undermined Governor’s office, alleges PDP
Jammu: The Opposition PDP on Sunday alleged the Omar Abdullah government had degraded the highest office of the Governor by not fulfilling the promise of holding urban local bodies polls made in the Governor`s address to the state assembly this year.
"We lambast the state government for delaying urban local bodies’ polls. We regret the present regime has degraded the highest institution of the Governor by not fulfilling this promise made in the Governor’s Address to the budget session of the state assembly," PDP patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed said.
"During the last four years, the state government has undermined several democratic institutions," he said.
The PDP leader was addressing a function here to welcome former IAS officer V K Gupta and others into the party-fold.
Their presence into the party would strengthen the PDP, Sayeed said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda