JK govt has undermined Governor’s office, alleges PDP
Jammu: The Opposition PDP on Sunday alleged the Omar Abdullah government had degraded the highest office of the Governor by not fulfilling the promise of holding urban local bodies polls made in the Governor`s address to the state assembly this year.
"We lambast the state government for delaying urban local bodies’ polls. We regret the present regime has degraded the highest institution of the Governor by not fulfilling this promise made in the Governor’s Address to the budget session of the state assembly," PDP patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed said.
"During the last four years, the state government has undermined several democratic institutions," he said.
The PDP leader was addressing a function here to welcome former IAS officer V K Gupta and others into the party-fold.
Their presence into the party would strengthen the PDP, Sayeed said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!