JK govt has undermined Governor’s office, alleges PDP
Jammu: The Opposition PDP on Sunday alleged the Omar Abdullah government had degraded the highest office of the Governor by not fulfilling the promise of holding urban local bodies polls made in the Governor`s address to the state assembly this year.
"We lambast the state government for delaying urban local bodies’ polls. We regret the present regime has degraded the highest institution of the Governor by not fulfilling this promise made in the Governor’s Address to the budget session of the state assembly," PDP patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed said.
"During the last four years, the state government has undermined several democratic institutions," he said.
The PDP leader was addressing a function here to welcome former IAS officer V K Gupta and others into the party-fold.
Their presence into the party would strengthen the PDP, Sayeed said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed