JK govt has undermined Governor’s office, alleges PDP
Jammu: The Opposition PDP on Sunday alleged the Omar Abdullah government had degraded the highest office of the Governor by not fulfilling the promise of holding urban local bodies polls made in the Governor`s address to the state assembly this year.
"We lambast the state government for delaying urban local bodies’ polls. We regret the present regime has degraded the highest institution of the Governor by not fulfilling this promise made in the Governor’s Address to the budget session of the state assembly," PDP patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed said.
"During the last four years, the state government has undermined several democratic institutions," he said.
The PDP leader was addressing a function here to welcome former IAS officer V K Gupta and others into the party-fold.
Their presence into the party would strengthen the PDP, Sayeed said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof