JK govt to promote tourism in border areas
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government is making efforts to promote tourism in the border areas of the state, minister for Housing and Culture, Raman Bhalla said on Monday.
"Jammu and Kashmir government is making efforts to promote tourism in the state`s border areas and various initiatives have been taken to create modern facilities at Suchetgarh and Chamliyal," Bhalla said while addressing a gathering at Chatha, near here today.
The Centre has provided Rs 6.39 crore for development of tourism-related infrastructure at Suchetgarh in Jammu and Chambyal in Samba districts, he said.
The projects include building of tourist facilitation centres, rooms, restaurants, construction of pathways, toilet blocks and viewing decks, besides conservation and development of the Raghunath temple and Peer Baba Ziarat at Suchetgarh, the minister said adding that, over 80 per cent work has already been completed.
Bhalla advised local youths to engage themselves in tourism-related activities and other self employed units to make the most of government initiatives.
For boosting tourism in Bahu Fort area, the minister said, government has created wayside facilities for pilgrims and tourists like recreational garden, aquarium, view points, tug shops, toilet blocks and drinking water facilities, besides construction of Darshani Deodi near Kalika colony.
The place would become a major attraction for those visiting Vaishno Devi temple and other tourist spots of the state, he said.
Bhalla said a number of measures have been taken to develop new tourist spots and conservation of century old monuments like Mubarak Mandi and Shri Maha Kali Temple in Bahu Fort.
The Minister informed that a comprehensive plan has also been formulated for up-gradation and expansion of Jammu airport to provide additional facilities to passengers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city