JKCA chairman, senior officials left out of key meeting
Srinagar: For the first time since the multicrore scam was unearthed in Jammu and Kashmir Cricket Association, its chairman Mohammad Aslam Goni and some other senior officials were left out of a key meeting convened by Union Minister Farooq Abdullah here.
Goni and two joint secretaries of JKCA were not allowed to attend Saturday’s meeting chaired by Abdullah, who is also the president of the association, sources in the state`s cricket governing body said.
They said the decision to keep these office bearers out of the meeting was taken after several JKCA members raised questions about Goni`s role in the multicrore embezzlement.
Two office bearers of the association - general secretary Saleem Khan and treasurer Ehsan Mirza - were forced to resign and a case registered against them in wake of the alleged embezzlement of the funds provided by BCCI for promoting cricket in the state.
While JKCA is conducting an in-house probe, police have constituted a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to investigate the matter.
Although JKCA has not declared how much money has been embezzled, sources said it is around Rs 40 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka