JKCA chairman, senior officials left out of key meeting
Srinagar: For the first time since the multicrore scam was unearthed in Jammu and Kashmir Cricket Association, its chairman Mohammad Aslam Goni and some other senior officials were left out of a key meeting convened by Union Minister Farooq Abdullah here.
Goni and two joint secretaries of JKCA were not allowed to attend Saturday’s meeting chaired by Abdullah, who is also the president of the association, sources in the state`s cricket governing body said.
They said the decision to keep these office bearers out of the meeting was taken after several JKCA members raised questions about Goni`s role in the multicrore embezzlement.
Two office bearers of the association - general secretary Saleem Khan and treasurer Ehsan Mirza - were forced to resign and a case registered against them in wake of the alleged embezzlement of the funds provided by BCCI for promoting cricket in the state.
While JKCA is conducting an in-house probe, police have constituted a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to investigate the matter.
Although JKCA has not declared how much money has been embezzled, sources said it is around Rs 40 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy