JKCA chairman, senior officials left out of key meeting
Srinagar: For the first time since the multicrore scam was unearthed in Jammu and Kashmir Cricket Association, its chairman Mohammad Aslam Goni and some other senior officials were left out of a key meeting convened by Union Minister Farooq Abdullah here.
Goni and two joint secretaries of JKCA were not allowed to attend Saturday’s meeting chaired by Abdullah, who is also the president of the association, sources in the state`s cricket governing body said.
They said the decision to keep these office bearers out of the meeting was taken after several JKCA members raised questions about Goni`s role in the multicrore embezzlement.
Two office bearers of the association - general secretary Saleem Khan and treasurer Ehsan Mirza - were forced to resign and a case registered against them in wake of the alleged embezzlement of the funds provided by BCCI for promoting cricket in the state.
While JKCA is conducting an in-house probe, police have constituted a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to investigate the matter.
Although JKCA has not declared how much money has been embezzled, sources said it is around Rs 40 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Odisha officials harassing man who carried wife's corpse: Complaint
- MS Dhoni wishes to play more in America, says it's good venue for cricket
- CID takes over Bengal hospital fire probe, one detained for questioning
- Jain temple in Ujjain restrains entry of girls wearing jeans, skirts
- Scorpene leak: DCNS moves Ausie court for injunction against 'The Australian'