JKCA chairman, senior officials left out of key meeting
Srinagar: For the first time since the multicrore scam was unearthed in Jammu and Kashmir Cricket Association, its chairman Mohammad Aslam Goni and some other senior officials were left out of a key meeting convened by Union Minister Farooq Abdullah here.
Goni and two joint secretaries of JKCA were not allowed to attend Saturday’s meeting chaired by Abdullah, who is also the president of the association, sources in the state`s cricket governing body said.
They said the decision to keep these office bearers out of the meeting was taken after several JKCA members raised questions about Goni`s role in the multicrore embezzlement.
Two office bearers of the association - general secretary Saleem Khan and treasurer Ehsan Mirza - were forced to resign and a case registered against them in wake of the alleged embezzlement of the funds provided by BCCI for promoting cricket in the state.
While JKCA is conducting an in-house probe, police have constituted a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to investigate the matter.
Although JKCA has not declared how much money has been embezzled, sources said it is around Rs 40 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing