JKNPP charges Congress with doublespeak on J&K iss
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party on Saturday charged major coalition partner Congress of engaging in doublespeak on important issues concerning the common man in Jammu and Kashmir.
"We criticise major coalition partner (Congress) for its doublespeak on important issues concerning common masses of Jammu and Kashmir," JKNPP president and MLA Balwant Singh Mankotia told reporters here today.
He said Congress was trying to influence public opinion by holding protests on various issues, including 73rd and 74th Amendment in Panchayati Raj Act and supporting autonomy for J&K in the Cabinet Committee, while opposing it in public.
"The party is trying to mislead people by holding protests and managing lathicharge through its own instruments to gain sympathy of the common masses while doing nothing practical for the well-being of people," he said.
Mankotia said a high level delegation of Pradesh Congress Committee led by its president Saifuddin Soz met UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi, but important issues were not discussed.
"The delegation nowhere mentioned the issue of 73rd and 74th amendment in the Panchayati Raj Act in a meeting of such significance," he said.
He urged party cadre to work hard for the success of August 27 protest programme against discrimination in sanctioning of posts of Lecturers in Higher Education department and delay in joining of teachers of respective districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!