JKNPP charges Congress with doublespeak on J&K iss
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party on Saturday charged major coalition partner Congress of engaging in doublespeak on important issues concerning the common man in Jammu and Kashmir.
"We criticise major coalition partner (Congress) for its doublespeak on important issues concerning common masses of Jammu and Kashmir," JKNPP president and MLA Balwant Singh Mankotia told reporters here today.
He said Congress was trying to influence public opinion by holding protests on various issues, including 73rd and 74th Amendment in Panchayati Raj Act and supporting autonomy for J&K in the Cabinet Committee, while opposing it in public.
"The party is trying to mislead people by holding protests and managing lathicharge through its own instruments to gain sympathy of the common masses while doing nothing practical for the well-being of people," he said.
Mankotia said a high level delegation of Pradesh Congress Committee led by its president Saifuddin Soz met UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi, but important issues were not discussed.
"The delegation nowhere mentioned the issue of 73rd and 74th amendment in the Panchayati Raj Act in a meeting of such significance," he said.
He urged party cadre to work hard for the success of August 27 protest programme against discrimination in sanctioning of posts of Lecturers in Higher Education department and delay in joining of teachers of respective districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh