Jugal Sharma files nomination for Udhampur MLC seat
Jammu: Former Congress minister Jugal Kishore Sharma on Monday filed nomination papers for the Udhampur MLC seat which fell vacant following the death of Yashpal Sharma this year.
Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand, Congress state chief Saifuddin Soz, ministers Sham Lal Sharma, R S Chib and Manohar Lal accompanied Sharma when he filed his papers before Assembly Secretary Mohmmad Ramzan this afternoon.
While the vacant seat had to be filled by a resident of Jammu province, Sharma`s nomination had triggered protests from another contender Bhupinder Singh Pathania, the district Congress committee president of Udhampur district, and some
party workers yesterday.
Demonstrations was also held against the failure to grant the seat to Congress veteran and former Deputy Chief Minister, Mangat Ram Sharma, by some party workers who gheraoed Congress state president Soz near Sharma`s residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Chennai road mishap: Seven more succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 14