Jugal Sharma files nomination for Udhampur MLC seat
Jammu: Former Congress minister Jugal Kishore Sharma on Monday filed nomination papers for the Udhampur MLC seat which fell vacant following the death of Yashpal Sharma this year.
Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand, Congress state chief Saifuddin Soz, ministers Sham Lal Sharma, R S Chib and Manohar Lal accompanied Sharma when he filed his papers before Assembly Secretary Mohmmad Ramzan this afternoon.
While the vacant seat had to be filled by a resident of Jammu province, Sharma`s nomination had triggered protests from another contender Bhupinder Singh Pathania, the district Congress committee president of Udhampur district, and some
party workers yesterday.
Demonstrations was also held against the failure to grant the seat to Congress veteran and former Deputy Chief Minister, Mangat Ram Sharma, by some party workers who gheraoed Congress state president Soz near Sharma`s residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet