Kashmir a sensitive issue; Centre dealing cautiously: Rijiju
Hyderabad: Terming the Kashmir issue as "sensitive", Union Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju today said the Centre was dealing with the matter cautiously by taking all measures in national interest.
"It is not wise enough on my part (now) to spell out the steps which we are planning to take because it is a sensitive matter and we are dealing with it cautiously and we have to see everything in national interest," Rijiju told reporters.
He was speaking here after reviewing the Passing Out Parade of the National Industrial Security Academy (NISA), premier training institute of Central Industrial Security Force (CISF).
When asked about the Rs 500 crore package for rehabilitation of Kashmiri migrants, he said, "This (package) was already announced and we are working on that...But I cannot spell out any policy about Kashmir now, because these are under the consideration of our ministry."
In this year`s Union budget, the Centre had announced Rs 500 crore package for displaced Kashmiri Pandits living in various parts of the country and for rebuilding their lives.
Reacting to a query on separatists in the Valley giving a call for shutdown against the Kashmiri Pandits` pilgrimage (yatra) to Kousar Nag - a virgin glacial spring in Pirpanjal mountain range in South Kashmir, the minister said, "The Ministry of Home Affairs is examining the whole thing."
"The CM (Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah) came and expressed his views. So, we will take into account all the aspects in national interest. We are not bound by opinion of one party or one organisation...Everything has to be in the national interest," Rijiju said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof