Kashmir guerrilla killed, three soldiers injured
Srinagar: A separatist guerrilla was killed and three soldiers were injured in a gunfight in Jammu and Kashmir Thursday, police said.
Men from Rashtriya Rifles and the police Special Operations Group (SOG) launched an operation Wednesday in the dense Cherhaar forests, 20 km from Sopore town, to track down hidden militants.
"While searches were going on, the militants fired at the troops under the cover of a dense fog. Three security men were injured. The firing was returned, killing a militant," a police officer told IANS.
"Searches are going on although the firing has stopped," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?