Kashmir guerrilla killed, three soldiers injured
Srinagar: A separatist guerrilla was killed and three soldiers were injured in a gunfight in Jammu and Kashmir Thursday, police said.
Men from Rashtriya Rifles and the police Special Operations Group (SOG) launched an operation Wednesday in the dense Cherhaar forests, 20 km from Sopore town, to track down hidden militants.
"While searches were going on, the militants fired at the troops under the cover of a dense fog. Three security men were injured. The firing was returned, killing a militant," a police officer told IANS.
"Searches are going on although the firing has stopped," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!