Kashmir guerrilla killed, three soldiers injured
Srinagar: A separatist guerrilla was killed and three soldiers were injured in a gunfight in Jammu and Kashmir Thursday, police said.
Men from Rashtriya Rifles and the police Special Operations Group (SOG) launched an operation Wednesday in the dense Cherhaar forests, 20 km from Sopore town, to track down hidden militants.
"While searches were going on, the militants fired at the troops under the cover of a dense fog. Three security men were injured. The firing was returned, killing a militant," a police officer told IANS.
"Searches are going on although the firing has stopped," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth