Khoda appointed first CVC of J&K
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir got its first Chief Vigilance Commissioner (CVC) as the former DGP Kuldeep Khoda was on Monday appointed to the coveted post by the state Governor N N Vohra.
"First CVC (Kuldeep Khoda) has been appointed by the Governor N N Vohra today," Secretary-commissioner General Administration Department (GAD), Mustaq Ahmed told PTI.
The notification has been issued today by the state government in this regard, he said.
"Senior retired IAS officer Ashok Jerath was also appointed as Vigilance Commissioner by the Governor today", he said.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has signed his file last week followed by the Governor a few days back.
Khoda, an IPS officer had retired as the DGP on May 31, 2012.
It was nearly two years ago that the state Legislature had approved a bill for setting up of SVC in Jammu and Kashmir. However, its constitution was delayed due to finalisation of names for the posts of SVC and VCs.
The State Vigilance Organisation would undergo a major revamp after the appointment of the CVC as per the rules framed under the establishment of the CVC Act.
A high level committee had approved the appointment of Khoda as the CVC and Senior retired IAS officer Ashok Jerath and M S Khan as the Vigilance Commissioners in a meeting on May 28 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister