Khoda appointed first CVC of J&K
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir got its first Chief Vigilance Commissioner (CVC) as the former DGP Kuldeep Khoda was on Monday appointed to the coveted post by the state Governor N N Vohra.
"First CVC (Kuldeep Khoda) has been appointed by the Governor N N Vohra today," Secretary-commissioner General Administration Department (GAD), Mustaq Ahmed told PTI.
The notification has been issued today by the state government in this regard, he said.
"Senior retired IAS officer Ashok Jerath was also appointed as Vigilance Commissioner by the Governor today", he said.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has signed his file last week followed by the Governor a few days back.
Khoda, an IPS officer had retired as the DGP on May 31, 2012.
It was nearly two years ago that the state Legislature had approved a bill for setting up of SVC in Jammu and Kashmir. However, its constitution was delayed due to finalisation of names for the posts of SVC and VCs.
The State Vigilance Organisation would undergo a major revamp after the appointment of the CVC as per the rules framed under the establishment of the CVC Act.
A high level committee had approved the appointment of Khoda as the CVC and Senior retired IAS officer Ashok Jerath and M S Khan as the Vigilance Commissioners in a meeting on May 28 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- On Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu's feats: Hats off to women for saving our respect in front of whole world, says Pullela Gopichand
- WATCH: Usain Bolt attempted javelin throw at Rio 2016 - His effort will shock you!
- Kareena Kapoor Khan opens up on her pregnancy, says she is proud of it!
- PHOTO (Inside): Not for the faint-hearted! Saina Nehwal shares image of her knee's broken bone
- 'Domestic airfares to decline at lower rate in Q2'