Khoda appointed first CVC of J&K
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir got its first Chief Vigilance Commissioner (CVC) as the former DGP Kuldeep Khoda was on Monday appointed to the coveted post by the state Governor N N Vohra.
"First CVC (Kuldeep Khoda) has been appointed by the Governor N N Vohra today," Secretary-commissioner General Administration Department (GAD), Mustaq Ahmed told PTI.
The notification has been issued today by the state government in this regard, he said.
"Senior retired IAS officer Ashok Jerath was also appointed as Vigilance Commissioner by the Governor today", he said.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has signed his file last week followed by the Governor a few days back.
Khoda, an IPS officer had retired as the DGP on May 31, 2012.
It was nearly two years ago that the state Legislature had approved a bill for setting up of SVC in Jammu and Kashmir. However, its constitution was delayed due to finalisation of names for the posts of SVC and VCs.
The State Vigilance Organisation would undergo a major revamp after the appointment of the CVC as per the rules framed under the establishment of the CVC Act.
A high level committee had approved the appointment of Khoda as the CVC and Senior retired IAS officer Ashok Jerath and M S Khan as the Vigilance Commissioners in a meeting on May 28 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part IV
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part V
- Govt fixes December 31 deadline for retro tax settlement scheme
- United Nation's Global Citizen Festival: Priyanka Chopra talks about humanity and youth- READ
- PM Modi can get me killed; 'daman chakra' unleashed against AAP: Kejriwal
- Honoured to help create an image for Indian Railways: Ritu Beri
- Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah being trolled on Twitter for talking about son's ill health – Know details