Khoda appointed first CVC of J&K
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir got its first Chief Vigilance Commissioner (CVC) as the former DGP Kuldeep Khoda was on Monday appointed to the coveted post by the state Governor N N Vohra.
"First CVC (Kuldeep Khoda) has been appointed by the Governor N N Vohra today," Secretary-commissioner General Administration Department (GAD), Mustaq Ahmed told PTI.
The notification has been issued today by the state government in this regard, he said.
"Senior retired IAS officer Ashok Jerath was also appointed as Vigilance Commissioner by the Governor today", he said.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has signed his file last week followed by the Governor a few days back.
Khoda, an IPS officer had retired as the DGP on May 31, 2012.
It was nearly two years ago that the state Legislature had approved a bill for setting up of SVC in Jammu and Kashmir. However, its constitution was delayed due to finalisation of names for the posts of SVC and VCs.
The State Vigilance Organisation would undergo a major revamp after the appointment of the CVC as per the rules framed under the establishment of the CVC Act.
A high level committee had approved the appointment of Khoda as the CVC and Senior retired IAS officer Ashok Jerath and M S Khan as the Vigilance Commissioners in a meeting on May 28 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price