Leh freezes at minus 17
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir`s Leh town on Saturday literally froze with minimum temperature dipping to minus 17 degrees Celsius.
The Met Office has forecast a further dip in the night temperatures across the Ladakh region and Kashmir Valley.
"The minimum temperature dipped to minus 17 degrees Celsius today (Saturday) in Leh. It was minus 14.4 degrees Celsius in Kargil town, minus 8 degrees Celsius in Pahalgam and minus 3.4 degrees Celsius in Srinagar," an official of the meteorological department said.
"As the weather is likely to remain dry across the valley for the next few days, we are expecting a further fall in the night temperatures," said the official.
Kashmir has been reeling under cold waves since Chillai Kalan, the coldest 40-day period, commenced here Friday.
Although weather has remained dry in the last two days, morning frost has started affecting normal life in the valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics