Leh freezes at minus 17
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir`s Leh town on Saturday literally froze with minimum temperature dipping to minus 17 degrees Celsius.
The Met Office has forecast a further dip in the night temperatures across the Ladakh region and Kashmir Valley.
"The minimum temperature dipped to minus 17 degrees Celsius today (Saturday) in Leh. It was minus 14.4 degrees Celsius in Kargil town, minus 8 degrees Celsius in Pahalgam and minus 3.4 degrees Celsius in Srinagar," an official of the meteorological department said.
"As the weather is likely to remain dry across the valley for the next few days, we are expecting a further fall in the night temperatures," said the official.
Kashmir has been reeling under cold waves since Chillai Kalan, the coldest 40-day period, commenced here Friday.
Although weather has remained dry in the last two days, morning frost has started affecting normal life in the valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Sidharth Malhotra chills like a boss! See pic
- Gold price extends gains, up Rs 200 per 10 grams
- Your travel cost to go down by 40% with India's first ever CNG two wheelers
- Lionel Messi announces international retirement after Copa America loss vs Chile
- Big fat royal wedding in Mysore, King Yaduveer Wadiyar ties the knot with Rajasthan royalty