Lokpal not needed: Omar
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah on Thursday said there was no need for special laws
like Lokpal as the state already had such provisions.
"What Anna Hazare is demanding today, our state has
already enacted such laws long back," he told a public
meeting in Ganderbal district.
Jammu and Kashmir was the first state in the country
which had implemented the Public Services Guarantee Act, Omar
Many departments including Revenue, Transport, Housing,
Power, Department of Consumer Affairs and Public Distribution
and Public Health Engineering were brought under its ambit, he
"In case, the officers of these departments fail to
provide service to the people in a time-bound manner, they
become liable to cash penalties which will be deducted from
their salaries," the Chief Minister said.
The Accountability Commission was also functioning in the
state, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement