Lokpal not needed: Omar
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah on Thursday said there was no need for special laws
like Lokpal as the state already had such provisions.
"What Anna Hazare is demanding today, our state has
already enacted such laws long back," he told a public
meeting in Ganderbal district.
Jammu and Kashmir was the first state in the country
which had implemented the Public Services Guarantee Act, Omar
Many departments including Revenue, Transport, Housing,
Power, Department of Consumer Affairs and Public Distribution
and Public Health Engineering were brought under its ambit, he
"In case, the officers of these departments fail to
provide service to the people in a time-bound manner, they
become liable to cash penalties which will be deducted from
their salaries," the Chief Minister said.
The Accountability Commission was also functioning in the
state, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan for higher public spending to prevent Hepatitis B
- First batch of Haj pilgrims from J&K to leave on August 10
- White dwarf found lashing red dwarf in space
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?