Minor reshuffle in JK police; DIG South Kashmir shunted out
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has transferred top police officials of Anantnag in South Kashmir including the DIG.
Deputy Inspector General of Police (South Range) A S Bali was shifted as Director, Police Telecom, and Shafqat Wattali was posted in his place to look after Anantnag,
Pulwama, Kulgam and Shopian districts.
Senior Superintendent of Police (Anantnag district) Showkat Malik was transferred to Railways with Bashir Ahmad Khan taking over from him.
Though Malik had completed his tenure in the district, the change was also seen as a part of the inquiry in which eight policemen were attached to police headquarters for
allegedly involved in a firing incident in Anantnag that led to the death of three persons.
SSP Baramulla Sheikh Mehmood, who was transferred to the troubled North Kashmir district less than a month ago, was replaced by Mansoor Ahmad Antoo as the former is in hospital following a cardiac problem.
Mohammad Sayeed Punoo, AIG, (welfare), police headquarters, has been transferred and posted as SP Awantipora.
The transfers in Anantnag come in the backdrop of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah assuring prominent citizens to carry out a detailed enquiry of the allegation of alleged
high-handedness by policemen in the district.
Earlier, an inspector, two sub-inspectors and five constables were attached with the Jammu and Kashmir Police headquarters following a preliminary report that they used
"excessive force", official sources said here.
Anantnag Additional District Magistrate G M Dar is conducting a formal inquiry into the incident.
The chief minister had said on July 6 in Anantnag that he had received the preliminary inquiry report about the Anantnag incident "in which precious human lives have been
lost and action will be taken accordingly".
Three persons were killed and two others injured as security personnel allegedly opened fire at a group of stone-pelting protesters in Anantnag, 55 kms from here, on June 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah