MLA demonstrates against human rights violation
Srinagar: An independent MLA from Jammu and
Kashmir on Saturday held demonstration against alleged human rights violation here and urged the civil society to pressurise the
Centre for revoking AFSPA in the state.
"The human rights violation will not be tolerated. The
civil society should pressurise the government to revoke AFSPA
from the state as this law has badly affected the lives of
people," MLA from Langate Shiekh Abdul Rashid told reporters
on the World Human Rights Day here.
Rashid also demanded immediate release of youth, who have
been arrested for taking part in protests.
The MLA and his supporters staged a brief a sit-in at
Regal Chowk here before dispersing peacefully.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’