MLA demonstrates against human rights violation
Srinagar: An independent MLA from Jammu and
Kashmir on Saturday held demonstration against alleged human rights violation here and urged the civil society to pressurise the
Centre for revoking AFSPA in the state.
"The human rights violation will not be tolerated. The
civil society should pressurise the government to revoke AFSPA
from the state as this law has badly affected the lives of
people," MLA from Langate Shiekh Abdul Rashid told reporters
on the World Human Rights Day here.
Rashid also demanded immediate release of youth, who have
been arrested for taking part in protests.
The MLA and his supporters staged a brief a sit-in at
Regal Chowk here before dispersing peacefully.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city