Mobile phone blackout in Kashmir on R-Day
Srinagar: Mobile phones across the Kashmir Valley stopped functioning as service providers shut off connectivity as part of the high security drill for the 63rd Republic Day Thursday.
Mobile phone services in Srinagar were withdrawn to prevent separatists from triggering electronically-controlled remote devices.
"This is part of the standard security drill. The services will be restored immediately after the official parade ends here," an intelligence officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'