Mobile phone blackout in Kashmir on R-Day
Srinagar: Mobile phones across the Kashmir Valley stopped functioning as service providers shut off connectivity as part of the high security drill for the 63rd Republic Day Thursday.
Mobile phone services in Srinagar were withdrawn to prevent separatists from triggering electronically-controlled remote devices.
"This is part of the standard security drill. The services will be restored immediately after the official parade ends here," an intelligence officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chidambaram rejects FM Jaitley's remarks over inflation
- Single Indian women want to write their own marriage vows
- Traffic nightmare in Gurgaon; waterlogging on NH8 hits Delhi-Jaipur route, schools shut
- India's doping shame: 687 athletes banned since 2009 as per NADA records
- Know why Radhika Apte couldn’t be a part of ‘Kabali’ promotions