Mobile phone blackout in Kashmir on R-Day
Srinagar: Mobile phones across the Kashmir Valley stopped functioning as service providers shut off connectivity as part of the high security drill for the 63rd Republic Day Thursday.
Mobile phone services in Srinagar were withdrawn to prevent separatists from triggering electronically-controlled remote devices.
"This is part of the standard security drill. The services will be restored immediately after the official parade ends here," an intelligence officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?