Mobile phone blackout in Kashmir on R-Day
Srinagar: Mobile phones across the Kashmir Valley stopped functioning as service providers shut off connectivity as part of the high security drill for the 63rd Republic Day Thursday.
Mobile phone services in Srinagar were withdrawn to prevent separatists from triggering electronically-controlled remote devices.
"This is part of the standard security drill. The services will be restored immediately after the official parade ends here," an intelligence officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony