National Conference backs Omar on appointments
Jammu: National Conference on Saturday decided to back Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah over "political appointments" that were flayed by the State Accountability Commission.
The ruling National Conference went into a huddle a day after the Commission, equivalent of Lokayukta, issued notice to Abdullah asking him to explain how the appointments were made in the state.
It said there was no sanction from the constitution for the appointments.
Among those who attended the meeting was National Conference president and central minister Farooq Abdullah, party sources said on Saturday.
The appointments under question included those of Omar Abdullah`s two advisors, Mubarak Gul and Devender Singh Rana, and chairpersons of various government boards.
In all, nine people are affected by the notice given to the chief minister. The nine politicians, some of them non-legislators, were given status of cabinet minister and minister of state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- 7th Pay Commission: Know at a glance, see this informative chart
- Complete list of athletes representing India at 2016 Rio Olympics
- Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump by 11 points in US presidential race
- Pakistan strongly condemns terrorist attack at Istanbul airport
- From criticism to unconditional love: Argentine fans urge Lionel Messi not to quit