National Conference backs Omar on appointments
Jammu: National Conference on Saturday decided to back Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah over "political appointments" that were flayed by the State Accountability Commission.
The ruling National Conference went into a huddle a day after the Commission, equivalent of Lokayukta, issued notice to Abdullah asking him to explain how the appointments were made in the state.
It said there was no sanction from the constitution for the appointments.
Among those who attended the meeting was National Conference president and central minister Farooq Abdullah, party sources said on Saturday.
The appointments under question included those of Omar Abdullah`s two advisors, Mubarak Gul and Devender Singh Rana, and chairpersons of various government boards.
In all, nine people are affected by the notice given to the chief minister. The nine politicians, some of them non-legislators, were given status of cabinet minister and minister of state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!