National Conference backs Omar on appointments
Jammu: National Conference on Saturday decided to back Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah over "political appointments" that were flayed by the State Accountability Commission.
The ruling National Conference went into a huddle a day after the Commission, equivalent of Lokayukta, issued notice to Abdullah asking him to explain how the appointments were made in the state.
It said there was no sanction from the constitution for the appointments.
Among those who attended the meeting was National Conference president and central minister Farooq Abdullah, party sources said on Saturday.
The appointments under question included those of Omar Abdullah`s two advisors, Mubarak Gul and Devender Singh Rana, and chairpersons of various government boards.
In all, nine people are affected by the notice given to the chief minister. The nine politicians, some of them non-legislators, were given status of cabinet minister and minister of state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- 'Saffron party will still face defeat in the upcoming assembly elections', BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna Joshi jump
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh