National Conference worker died of heart attack
Srinagar: The National Conference (NC) worker whose death in custody has sparked a political furore in Jammu and Kashmir died of cardiac arrest, the state home commissioner said on Monday.
Quoting the post-mortem report of the ruling party worker Sayeed Mohammad Yusuf, Home Commissioner BR Sharma said: "The post-mortem report has revealed that he died of a heart attack. No external injuries were found."
A case of cheating under Section 420 of the Indian Penal Code already stands registered on September 29 against Yusuf, Sharma told a media conference.
Yusuf had allegedly died on September 30 while in custody of the crime branch. He is alleged to have taken Rs 1.18 crore from two party workers promising them a ministerial berth and legislators` seat.
"Investigations take their own time and cannot be completed overnight. The investigation will be transparent and we will share the same with the media," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!