National Conference worker died of heart attack
Srinagar: The National Conference (NC) worker whose death in custody has sparked a political furore in Jammu and Kashmir died of cardiac arrest, the state home commissioner said on Monday.
Quoting the post-mortem report of the ruling party worker Sayeed Mohammad Yusuf, Home Commissioner BR Sharma said: "The post-mortem report has revealed that he died of a heart attack. No external injuries were found."
A case of cheating under Section 420 of the Indian Penal Code already stands registered on September 29 against Yusuf, Sharma told a media conference.
Yusuf had allegedly died on September 30 while in custody of the crime branch. He is alleged to have taken Rs 1.18 crore from two party workers promising them a ministerial berth and legislators` seat.
"Investigations take their own time and cannot be completed overnight. The investigation will be transparent and we will share the same with the media," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan