National Conference worker died of heart attack
Srinagar: The National Conference (NC) worker whose death in custody has sparked a political furore in Jammu and Kashmir died of cardiac arrest, the state home commissioner said on Monday.
Quoting the post-mortem report of the ruling party worker Sayeed Mohammad Yusuf, Home Commissioner BR Sharma said: "The post-mortem report has revealed that he died of a heart attack. No external injuries were found."
A case of cheating under Section 420 of the Indian Penal Code already stands registered on September 29 against Yusuf, Sharma told a media conference.
Yusuf had allegedly died on September 30 while in custody of the crime branch. He is alleged to have taken Rs 1.18 crore from two party workers promising them a ministerial berth and legislators` seat.
"Investigations take their own time and cannot be completed overnight. The investigation will be transparent and we will share the same with the media," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video