National Conference worker died of heart attack
Srinagar: The National Conference (NC) worker whose death in custody has sparked a political furore in Jammu and Kashmir died of cardiac arrest, the state home commissioner said on Monday.
Quoting the post-mortem report of the ruling party worker Sayeed Mohammad Yusuf, Home Commissioner BR Sharma said: "The post-mortem report has revealed that he died of a heart attack. No external injuries were found."
A case of cheating under Section 420 of the Indian Penal Code already stands registered on September 29 against Yusuf, Sharma told a media conference.
Yusuf had allegedly died on September 30 while in custody of the crime branch. He is alleged to have taken Rs 1.18 crore from two party workers promising them a ministerial berth and legislators` seat.
"Investigations take their own time and cannot be completed overnight. The investigation will be transparent and we will share the same with the media," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?