National Knowledge Network launched in Jammu
Jammu: National Knowledge Network (NKN) Points of Presence (PoP) has been launched in Jammu, winter capital of Jammu and Kashmir.
The NKN PoP of National Informatics Centre, Jammu and Kashmir was inaugurated at Divisional Commissioner Jammu`s office complex by Principal Scientific Adviser to Government of India R Chidambaram, an official spokesman said here yesterday.
The NKN is a state-of-the art multi-gigabit pan-India network for providing a unified high-speed network backbone for all knowledge-related institutions in the country.
Depending on the type of connectivity required by the user organisation, geographical presence, and the location of Points of Presence (PoP) of NKN, connectivity is provided to the institutes, the spokesman said.
The NKN will enable scientists, researchers and students from different backgrounds and diverse geographies to work closely for advancing human development in critical and emerging areas.
Around 1170 institutes of higher education, research institutes have been connected till now. All the Universities, Medical Colleges, Government Engineering Colleges have been connected via NKN in the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday