National Knowledge Network launched in Jammu
Jammu: National Knowledge Network (NKN) Points of Presence (PoP) has been launched in Jammu, winter capital of Jammu and Kashmir.
The NKN PoP of National Informatics Centre, Jammu and Kashmir was inaugurated at Divisional Commissioner Jammu`s office complex by Principal Scientific Adviser to Government of India R Chidambaram, an official spokesman said here yesterday.
The NKN is a state-of-the art multi-gigabit pan-India network for providing a unified high-speed network backbone for all knowledge-related institutions in the country.
Depending on the type of connectivity required by the user organisation, geographical presence, and the location of Points of Presence (PoP) of NKN, connectivity is provided to the institutes, the spokesman said.
The NKN will enable scientists, researchers and students from different backgrounds and diverse geographies to work closely for advancing human development in critical and emerging areas.
Around 1170 institutes of higher education, research institutes have been connected till now. All the Universities, Medical Colleges, Government Engineering Colleges have been connected via NKN in the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional