NC-Congress alliance always proved disastrous for J&K: Mufti
Jammu: Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) today said that "opportunist alliance" between National Conference (NC) and Congress has always proved disastrous for Jammu and Kashmir.
"It is a historical fact that opportunist alliance between NC and Congress has always proved disastrous for the state of Jammu and Kashmir," PDP Patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed said.
He was addressing a series of public meetings in Samba and Jammu districts. "The state has been plunged into unprecedented crisis due to complete failure of the NC-Congress regime," he said and emphasised on the need to take the people of Jammu and Kashmir out of morass and prevailing uncertainty.
Launching a scathing attack on NC-Congress coalition for the prevailing mess and uncertainty in the state, the Mufti regretted that during the last five and half years the present regime has spoilt the peaceful atmosphere which was created by the previous PDP-led coalition regime.
"What is happening after formation of NC-Congress government on January 5, 2009 is before all of us," he said and pointed out that during the five and half years corruption has crossed all limits and the government has "brazenly eroded sanctity and credibility of all democratic institutions".
He said prevailing chaos and uncertainty in the state was result of the failure of the present regime to connect itself with the common masses.
"From the day one when this government was formed, there is instability and uncertainty in the state", he said.
Observing that change was imminent in J&K, the Mufti said the tenure of Omar Abdullah-led government would be remembered as dark-period in the history of Jammu and Kashmir.
Appealing to people to vote for PDP candidate Yash Pal Sharma, he said his party nominee was an example of secularism, brotherhood and devotion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested