NC-Congress alliance always proved disastrous for J&K: Mufti
Jammu: Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) today said that "opportunist alliance" between National Conference (NC) and Congress has always proved disastrous for Jammu and Kashmir.
"It is a historical fact that opportunist alliance between NC and Congress has always proved disastrous for the state of Jammu and Kashmir," PDP Patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed said.
He was addressing a series of public meetings in Samba and Jammu districts. "The state has been plunged into unprecedented crisis due to complete failure of the NC-Congress regime," he said and emphasised on the need to take the people of Jammu and Kashmir out of morass and prevailing uncertainty.
Launching a scathing attack on NC-Congress coalition for the prevailing mess and uncertainty in the state, the Mufti regretted that during the last five and half years the present regime has spoilt the peaceful atmosphere which was created by the previous PDP-led coalition regime.
"What is happening after formation of NC-Congress government on January 5, 2009 is before all of us," he said and pointed out that during the five and half years corruption has crossed all limits and the government has "brazenly eroded sanctity and credibility of all democratic institutions".
He said prevailing chaos and uncertainty in the state was result of the failure of the present regime to connect itself with the common masses.
"From the day one when this government was formed, there is instability and uncertainty in the state", he said.
Observing that change was imminent in J&K, the Mufti said the tenure of Omar Abdullah-led government would be remembered as dark-period in the history of Jammu and Kashmir.
Appealing to people to vote for PDP candidate Yash Pal Sharma, he said his party nominee was an example of secularism, brotherhood and devotion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves