NC directs party leaders to not to leave Valley
Srinagar: Ruling National Conference in Jammu and Kashmir Tuesday directed all the office bearers of the party to stay in the Valley and remain available to the people.
"All the Office bearers have been told not to move to Jammu or out of the Valley without taking permission from the province," newly appointed provincial president for Kashmir Nasir Aslam Wani said in a statement here.
"If you are an office bearer of the Kashmir province, you need to be here, you have no work in Jammu or elsewhere," Wani said.
He said in case the leaders need to travel out of station, they can seek permission for that purpose.
Wani held meetings with various delegations at the party headquarters and assured them that all their grievances will be taken up with the government to ensure speedy redressal.
"I am in the process of making a committee which will be in regular touch with the secretariat. They will look into all the demands and ensure that all the problems, the party headquarters are apprised of, are immediately brought to the notice of the concerned ministers and ensured its speedy redressal," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet