NC seeks financial assistance for quake-hit Doda-Kishtwar
Jammu: In wake of the recent earthquakes in Doda-Kishtwar belt of Jammu region, National Conference on Saturday demanded a financial assistance from the Centre for the tremor victims.
"We make a fervent appeal to the Centre for expeditious sanction of the relief package for tremor victims of the area, duly recommended by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah nearly two months ago," Provincial president NC Devender Singh Rana said.
"The area has been rattled by a series of tremors in the recent months and the two districts have suffered immense damages," he said in a statement and called for release of relief for renovating damaged houses ahead of winter.
He also referred to tremor jolts felt in the twin districts yesterday and this morning and called for initiating necessary measures, in consultation with the experts, for taking preventive measures to save public life and property in the event of natural calamity.
Rana also called for putting in place the disaster management mechanism to meet any eventuality.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened