Official held on graft charges in J&K
Srinagar: A government official was arrested
for allegedly taking bribe in Pulwama district of south Kashmir, State Vigilance Organisation (SVO) officials said Thursday.
District Manager incharge of Scheduled Caste and Schedule
Tribe Development Corporation Gul Mohammad Hajam was caught
while allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 2,000 at his office
yesterday, they said.
The SVO laid a trap after receiving a written complaint by
Bashir Ahmad Gujar, a resident of Tral, that the officer was
demanding bribe to release a loan of Rs 95,000 sanctioned in
Gujar had applied for the grant of Rs one lakh as loan in
the office of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Development
Corporation, Pulwama, in 2009 for running a grocery shop.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh