Official held on graft charges in J&K
Srinagar: A government official was arrested
for allegedly taking bribe in Pulwama district of south Kashmir, State Vigilance Organisation (SVO) officials said Thursday.
District Manager incharge of Scheduled Caste and Schedule
Tribe Development Corporation Gul Mohammad Hajam was caught
while allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 2,000 at his office
yesterday, they said.
The SVO laid a trap after receiving a written complaint by
Bashir Ahmad Gujar, a resident of Tral, that the officer was
demanding bribe to release a loan of Rs 95,000 sanctioned in
Gujar had applied for the grant of Rs one lakh as loan in
the office of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Development
Corporation, Pulwama, in 2009 for running a grocery shop.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city