Official held on graft charges in J&K
Srinagar: A government official was arrested
for allegedly taking bribe in Pulwama district of south Kashmir, State Vigilance Organisation (SVO) officials said Thursday.
District Manager incharge of Scheduled Caste and Schedule
Tribe Development Corporation Gul Mohammad Hajam was caught
while allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 2,000 at his office
yesterday, they said.
The SVO laid a trap after receiving a written complaint by
Bashir Ahmad Gujar, a resident of Tral, that the officer was
demanding bribe to release a loan of Rs 95,000 sanctioned in
Gujar had applied for the grant of Rs one lakh as loan in
the office of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Development
Corporation, Pulwama, in 2009 for running a grocery shop.
- Good news! India win one silver, two bronze in Archery World Cup
- Yuvraj Singh drops big hint about film on his life – Here's what the star batsman said...
- Indian Premier League 9: After struggling for years, Delhi Daredevils find rhythm under Rahul Dravid's watchful eyes
- WATCH: SHOCKING! Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters mercilessly beat up man for showing black flag
- WATCH: Fan girl proposes Zaheer Khan with 'I Love You' message during live match