Omar Abdullah bats for rail coach factory in J&K
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Tuesday stressed on the need for establishing a rail coach factory in the state to overcome economic hurdles and address the problem of unemployment.
The Chief Minister, who chaired a meeting of J&K State Industrial Advisory Committee (IAC), said this matter would be given further thrust at the Union government level. Such an initiative by the Centre is significantly needed to expand economic activities, give fillip to industrialisation and create substantial jobs for the youth here.
The meeting was attended by Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand, Minister of State for Industries Sajjad Ahmad Kitchloo, Chief Secretary Mohammad Iqbal Khandey, Economic Advisor to the Government, Jalil Ahmad Khan, among others.
In a presentation, Commissioner Secretary, Industries and Commerce, Shantmanu, gave an overview of the activities underway in the state for the growth and development of the industrial sector and creation of new industrial estates at different places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday