Omar govt is `puppet` of Centre: Hurriyat
Srinagar: Moderate faction of Hurriyat
Conference on Friday launched a scathing attack on Omar Abdullah-
led government, accusing it of being a "puppet" of the Centre.
"The state administration is a puppet of the
government...The reality is that it has no authority even to
revoke a minor law," Hurriyat Chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq
said addressing a Friday congregation at Chatpora in south
Kashmir`s Pulwama district.
Apparently referring to the opposition of the army to
Omar`s intention to revoke AFSPA from some parts of Jammu and
Kashmir, Mirwaiz said the announcements and decisions of this
government are challenged by the army.
"In such a scenario, how can this government claim to
be a representative government of Kashmiris It is nothing but
a puppet...," the Hurriyat Chairman alleged.
Mirwaiz said Hurriyat was never against the Indo-Pakistan
peace dialogue, but backed out due to lack of sincerity on the
part of the Centre to resolve Kashmir issue.
"We have no objection in friendly relations between India
and Pakistan. It is no justice that you (the leadership of
India and Pakistan) hug each other, but leave us...," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price