Omar govt is `puppet` of Centre: Hurriyat
Srinagar: Moderate faction of Hurriyat
Conference on Friday launched a scathing attack on Omar Abdullah-
led government, accusing it of being a "puppet" of the Centre.
"The state administration is a puppet of the
government...The reality is that it has no authority even to
revoke a minor law," Hurriyat Chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq
said addressing a Friday congregation at Chatpora in south
Kashmir`s Pulwama district.
Apparently referring to the opposition of the army to
Omar`s intention to revoke AFSPA from some parts of Jammu and
Kashmir, Mirwaiz said the announcements and decisions of this
government are challenged by the army.
"In such a scenario, how can this government claim to
be a representative government of Kashmiris It is nothing but
a puppet...," the Hurriyat Chairman alleged.
Mirwaiz said Hurriyat was never against the Indo-Pakistan
peace dialogue, but backed out due to lack of sincerity on the
part of the Centre to resolve Kashmir issue.
"We have no objection in friendly relations between India
and Pakistan. It is no justice that you (the leadership of
India and Pakistan) hug each other, but leave us...," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened