Omar govt is `puppet` of Centre: Hurriyat
Srinagar: Moderate faction of Hurriyat
Conference on Friday launched a scathing attack on Omar Abdullah-
led government, accusing it of being a "puppet" of the Centre.
"The state administration is a puppet of the
government...The reality is that it has no authority even to
revoke a minor law," Hurriyat Chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq
said addressing a Friday congregation at Chatpora in south
Kashmir`s Pulwama district.
Apparently referring to the opposition of the army to
Omar`s intention to revoke AFSPA from some parts of Jammu and
Kashmir, Mirwaiz said the announcements and decisions of this
government are challenged by the army.
"In such a scenario, how can this government claim to
be a representative government of Kashmiris It is nothing but
a puppet...," the Hurriyat Chairman alleged.
Mirwaiz said Hurriyat was never against the Indo-Pakistan
peace dialogue, but backed out due to lack of sincerity on the
part of the Centre to resolve Kashmir issue.
"We have no objection in friendly relations between India
and Pakistan. It is no justice that you (the leadership of
India and Pakistan) hug each other, but leave us...," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband