Oppn parties have no policies in J&K: NC
Jammu: Ruling National Conference on Monday lashed out at Opposition parties in Jammu and Kashmir saying they had no policy or programme for the people.
Asserting that NC was committed to overall and equal development and progress of all the three regions of the state, a senior party leader said the opposition PDP and BJP "have no policies and programmes for the people and survive only on sentimental issues."
NC`s Jammu unit chief Rattan Lal Gupta told a public meeting here that National Conference has "people-friendly policies and programmes" and represented all the three regions of the state - Jammu, Kashmir Valley and Ladakh.
He said the state has already suffered a lot due militancy and cannot afford any more violence. People want peace for the overall development of the state.
It is for the first time that people of Kashmir Valley are getting influx of tourists, he said and added, tourism is the backbone of the state`s economy.
Gupta said NC is committed to uplift of weaker sections. The party is also committed to work for the well being of farmers in remote and hilly areas of the state, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation