Oppose apolitical figures as interlocutors for J&K: JD(U)
Patna: JD(U) on Thursday expressed reservations on
appointment of apolitical figures as interlocutors for the
dialogue process in Jammu and Kashmir, saying persons with
"vast political experience" should be involved in such a
"We are averse to appointment of three persons from non-
political background for Jammu and Kashmir," JD(U) principal
secretary K C Tyagi, who was earlier member of an all-party
delegation to that state, told reporters here.
"People with vast political experience should be involved
in the process of talks for a sensitive issue like Kashmir,"
The Union Home Ministry had yesterday appointed eminent
journalist Dilip Padgaonkar, Information Commissioner M M
Ansari and academician Radha Kumar as interlocutors for the
dialogue process in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Seers, religious orders need to work towards a modern India: PM Modi
- Has Dhanush replaced Vicky Kaushal in Bejoy Nambiar's next?
- Bhagwant Mann smells of alcohol, can't sit next to him: Suspended AAP MP Harinder Khalsa
- Simply irresistible! You cannot take your eyes off majestic Priyanka Chopra on Flaunt cover- See it to believe it
- Varun Dhawan, Jacqueline and John Abraham run for their lives in new 'Dishoom' POSTER? Pic inside