Over Rs 2,000 crore unutilised by J&K Govt: BJP
Jammu: BJP on Thursday alleged that the NC-Congress government in Jammu and Kashmir had failed to utilise central grants worth over Rs 2,000 crore during its present tenure, and said it was a testimony of its "inertia, inefficiency, and ineptitude".
"The NC-Congress coalition government has caused over Rs 2,000 crore loss to the state by not utilising the plan grants during its current tenure beginning 2008," BJP`s national executive member Jitendra Singh said here.
"The state government has always complained of lack of financial support from the Centre... There could be no worse evidence of administrative paralysis coupled with hypocrisy than this," he said.
The ruling parties are accountable to the people of the state whom they are trying to distract from their record of mis-governance and corruption ahead of elections, by raking up emotive, divisive issues, he claimed.
Singh alleged that around Rs 2,150 crore of plan grants had remained unutilised during the past five to six years, and the fate of another Rs 2,064 crore Special Plan Assistance earmarked for the current fiscal hanged in balance.
Quoting official figures, the BJP leader said plan funds to the tune of Rs 2,150 crore have lapsed from 2007-08 to 2012-13. Of the Rs 34,750 crore approved by the Planning Commission for Jammu and Kashmir since 2007-08, Rs 32,591 crore had been utilised so far, he added.
This was a case of "wasted golden opportunity" for the National Conference Chief Minister who enjoyed unstinted support of the Congress high command at the Centre, Singh said, adding that but unfortunately, the six-year term was coming to an end as "a testimony of the government`s inertia, inefficiency and ineptitude".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Singapore's Deputy PM calls on Narendra Modi
- AIMIM to move to SC against Bombay HC verdict on allowing women entry to Haji Ali
- Cuteness alert! Meet Deepak Tijori's adorable daughter Samara Tijori – View pics
- Disrupted sleeping habits may cause suicidal thoughts
- US aid to Pakistan shrinks amid mounting frustration over militants