Pak I-Day: India, Pak troops exchanges sweets at Poonch
Poonch: Indian and Pakistani troops on Tuesday exchanged sweets on the occasion of Pakistan`s Independence Day at Chakan-Da-Bagh crossing point in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district.
Pakistani Rangers led by Lt Col Javed handed over packets of sweets to his Indian counterpart Major S Manhas on the Line of Control (LoC) at Chakan-Da-Bagh crossing point, officials said.
Pakistan today celebrated its 65th Independence Day.
The Chakan-Da-Bagh crossing point was opened at 0950 hours to 1010 hours, they said.
"We are praying to Allah in this holy month of Ramdan for peace and prosperity of the two nations," Lt Col Javed told reporters.
Pakistani officials said they will exchange sweets with their Indian counterparts at Jammu, Kathua and Samba sectors tomorrow.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump