Pak I-Day: India, Pak troops exchanges sweets at Poonch
Poonch: Indian and Pakistani troops on Tuesday exchanged sweets on the occasion of Pakistan`s Independence Day at Chakan-Da-Bagh crossing point in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district.
Pakistani Rangers led by Lt Col Javed handed over packets of sweets to his Indian counterpart Major S Manhas on the Line of Control (LoC) at Chakan-Da-Bagh crossing point, officials said.
Pakistan today celebrated its 65th Independence Day.
The Chakan-Da-Bagh crossing point was opened at 0950 hours to 1010 hours, they said.
"We are praying to Allah in this holy month of Ramdan for peace and prosperity of the two nations," Lt Col Javed told reporters.
Pakistani officials said they will exchange sweets with their Indian counterparts at Jammu, Kathua and Samba sectors tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly