Pak I-Day: India, Pak troops exchanges sweets at Poonch
Poonch: Indian and Pakistani troops on Tuesday exchanged sweets on the occasion of Pakistan`s Independence Day at Chakan-Da-Bagh crossing point in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district.
Pakistani Rangers led by Lt Col Javed handed over packets of sweets to his Indian counterpart Major S Manhas on the Line of Control (LoC) at Chakan-Da-Bagh crossing point, officials said.
Pakistan today celebrated its 65th Independence Day.
The Chakan-Da-Bagh crossing point was opened at 0950 hours to 1010 hours, they said.
"We are praying to Allah in this holy month of Ramdan for peace and prosperity of the two nations," Lt Col Javed told reporters.
Pakistani officials said they will exchange sweets with their Indian counterparts at Jammu, Kathua and Samba sectors tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Islam doesn't allow women to visit graves, Haji Ali Dargah is one of them: Chairman
- Davis Cup: India to host Spain under flood-lights
- India, US eye bilateral trade worth $500 billion: Report
- GST, reforms to boost bilateral trade with India, address biz climate issues: US
- REVEALED: Gianni Infantino says FIFA salary less than USD 2m, well below Sepp Blatter earned