Pak I-Day: India, Pak troops exchanges sweets at Poonch
Poonch: Indian and Pakistani troops on Tuesday exchanged sweets on the occasion of Pakistan`s Independence Day at Chakan-Da-Bagh crossing point in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district.
Pakistani Rangers led by Lt Col Javed handed over packets of sweets to his Indian counterpart Major S Manhas on the Line of Control (LoC) at Chakan-Da-Bagh crossing point, officials said.
Pakistan today celebrated its 65th Independence Day.
The Chakan-Da-Bagh crossing point was opened at 0950 hours to 1010 hours, they said.
"We are praying to Allah in this holy month of Ramdan for peace and prosperity of the two nations," Lt Col Javed told reporters.
Pakistani officials said they will exchange sweets with their Indian counterparts at Jammu, Kathua and Samba sectors tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi