Panic after leopard enters Srinagar residential area
Srinagar: Panic gripped residents of a locality near the Dal Lake here after a leopard sneaked into the area, before being trapped by forest officials.
The big cat, which was noticed at Ishber locality of Nishat on the foothills of Zabarwan range last night, managed to enter into the house of one of the residents, a police spokesperson said.
The panic-stricken family raised an alarm after locking the leopard in a room.
Police, along with a team of wild life officials rushed to the scene and trapped the wild cat, which was later released in nearby Dachigam National Park, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert