PDP got moneybags in Delhi to wipe out NC, alleges Farooq
Srinagar: National Conference president Farooq Abdullah on Tuesday accused opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) of getting bags full of money in Delhi to wipe out his party from Jammu and Kashmir.
"PDP got moneybags in Delhi to wipe out National Conference but we want to tell them NC is not weak and even if you spend crores of rupees you cannot wipe us out," Abdullah, who is also Union Minister for New and Renewable Energy, said.
He accused the PDP of trying to break the NC-Congress coalition in the state and said "the Muftis cannot fool people by showing green flags."
"National Conference is in the heart and blood of the people. It is not run by money. The enemies want to break the government but they will not succeed," Abdullah told a party convention here.
He said NC workers had faced bullets and made many sacrifices for the party and the state.
"Where was PDP in 1996 when we faced bullets. We have given many sacrifices for the state. What has PDP done?" asked Abdullah.
Appealing to the youth to help in development of the state, he said the state cannot move forward without them.
"Old people have fought for the party, but it is the youth who have to take it forward. We cannot move forward without the youth. They should come forward to help in the development of Jammu and Kashmir," Abdullah said.
"I am ill and cannot run around. I am there to guide you but it is you who have to make the party strong," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day