PDP slams J&K govt for attack on Pak prisoner
Srinagar: Opposition PDP on Friday attacked the Jammu and Kashmir government for its alleged failure to prevent an attack on a Pakistani prisoner inside a high security jail, saying it reflects more than "mere inefficiency".
"How is it possible for someone to procure an axe in the high security jail to assault another prisoner especially after the Centre had alerted the state governments against such an apprehension...It seems to be something worse than mere inefficiency," PDP president Mehbooba Mufti said in statement here.
Expressing concern at the deteriorating status of Indo-Pak ties, the PDP president said the tit-for-tat killings in each other’s jails must be stopped without further bloodshed.
"The killing of Sarabjit Singh in Pakistan has rightly been condemned and the people of Kashmir who have been victims of violence for decades can understand the pain of his family more than anybody else," she said, adding the people of the two countries must strive to come out of the vicious cycle of hatred and allow the peace process to be revived.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?