PDP slams J&K govt for attack on Pak prisoner
Srinagar: Opposition PDP on Friday attacked the Jammu and Kashmir government for its alleged failure to prevent an attack on a Pakistani prisoner inside a high security jail, saying it reflects more than "mere inefficiency".
"How is it possible for someone to procure an axe in the high security jail to assault another prisoner especially after the Centre had alerted the state governments against such an apprehension...It seems to be something worse than mere inefficiency," PDP president Mehbooba Mufti said in statement here.
Expressing concern at the deteriorating status of Indo-Pak ties, the PDP president said the tit-for-tat killings in each other’s jails must be stopped without further bloodshed.
"The killing of Sarabjit Singh in Pakistan has rightly been condemned and the people of Kashmir who have been victims of violence for decades can understand the pain of his family more than anybody else," she said, adding the people of the two countries must strive to come out of the vicious cycle of hatred and allow the peace process to be revived.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH