Peace process in J&K has taken a backseat: PDP
Jammu: The Peoples` Democratic Party on Sunday claimed the present government has failed to carry forward the process of peace and reconciliation initiated by the previous PDP-Congress regime.
Noting that both former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee and his successor Manmohan Singh invested a lot in the peace process, party Party patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed, however, claimed the things are "back to square one."
Sayeed, while addressing a gathering at Bishnah near here, also accused the state government of not allowing any serious debate in the House during the ongoing Assembly session. He said PDP will continue to work for strengthening democracy in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi