Peace process in J&K has taken a backseat: PDP
Jammu: The Peoples` Democratic Party on Sunday claimed the present government has failed to carry forward the process of peace and reconciliation initiated by the previous PDP-Congress regime.
Noting that both former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee and his successor Manmohan Singh invested a lot in the peace process, party Party patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed, however, claimed the things are "back to square one."
Sayeed, while addressing a gathering at Bishnah near here, also accused the state government of not allowing any serious debate in the House during the ongoing Assembly session. He said PDP will continue to work for strengthening democracy in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Has somebody blocked you on WhatsApp? Know how to unblock yourself
- Reforms to aid growth; banking sector risks remain: Moody's
- Here's why NASA calls low level of Arctic sea ice the 'new normal' – Watch!
- Watch: This rare video of young Varun Dhawan will leave you astonished!
- Madras Day: These 5 things make Chennai so special