Peace process in J&K has taken a backseat: PDP
Jammu: The Peoples` Democratic Party on Sunday claimed the present government has failed to carry forward the process of peace and reconciliation initiated by the previous PDP-Congress regime.
Noting that both former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee and his successor Manmohan Singh invested a lot in the peace process, party Party patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed, however, claimed the things are "back to square one."
Sayeed, while addressing a gathering at Bishnah near here, also accused the state government of not allowing any serious debate in the House during the ongoing Assembly session. He said PDP will continue to work for strengthening democracy in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport