PM announces Rs 710 crore for rural road network in J&K
Srinagar: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday announced Rs 710 crore for land acquistion for expansion and upgradation of rural roads network in Jammu and Kashmir.
Singh made the announcement after a meeting with the Council of Ministers of Jammu and Kashmir during which he reviewed the progress of various development projects, especially the Prime Minister`s Reconstruction Programme.
"The Prime Minister has announced that an additional Rs 710 crore will be granted to the state for acquisition of land under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana for expansion and upgradation of rural road network," an official statement said.
Reports had it that Governor NN Vohra had expressed concern over poor implementation of the rural roads scheme in the state.
A senior official from the Rural Development Ministry had reviewed the implementation of PMGSY earlier this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM