PM announces Rs 710 crore for rural road network in J&K
Srinagar: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday announced Rs 710 crore for land acquistion for expansion and upgradation of rural roads network in Jammu and Kashmir.
Singh made the announcement after a meeting with the Council of Ministers of Jammu and Kashmir during which he reviewed the progress of various development projects, especially the Prime Minister`s Reconstruction Programme.
"The Prime Minister has announced that an additional Rs 710 crore will be granted to the state for acquisition of land under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana for expansion and upgradation of rural road network," an official statement said.
Reports had it that Governor NN Vohra had expressed concern over poor implementation of the rural roads scheme in the state.
A senior official from the Rural Development Ministry had reviewed the implementation of PMGSY earlier this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split