PM announces Rs 710 crore for rural road network in J&K
Srinagar: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday announced Rs 710 crore for land acquistion for expansion and upgradation of rural roads network in Jammu and Kashmir.
Singh made the announcement after a meeting with the Council of Ministers of Jammu and Kashmir during which he reviewed the progress of various development projects, especially the Prime Minister`s Reconstruction Programme.
"The Prime Minister has announced that an additional Rs 710 crore will be granted to the state for acquisition of land under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana for expansion and upgradation of rural road network," an official statement said.
Reports had it that Governor NN Vohra had expressed concern over poor implementation of the rural roads scheme in the state.
A senior official from the Rural Development Ministry had reviewed the implementation of PMGSY earlier this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Five health benefits of cashew nuts you didn't know about!
- Do you know how many ultra-high networth individuals India has? Make a guess
- Watch: When lightening struck iconic Empire State building in USA
- Human super predator more terrifying than bears, wolves
- Will Jennifer Lopez make tunes with Calvin Harris?