PM should convene RTC on Kashmir & involve separatists: PDP
Jammu: Opposition Peoples Democratic Party on Sunday urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to convene a round
table conference for the resolution of the Kashmir issue and
involve all stakeholders, including separatists into it.
Batting strongly for fulfilling four pre-conditions,
including the release of political prisoners and revoking of
draconian acts for starting a meaningful dialogue, PDP patron
Mufti Mohammad Sayeed said, "No group could afford to spurn
the dialogue offer provided the four conditions be fulfilled
before extending any invitation."
Mufti, who was addressing a rally here said, "To make any
initiative fruitful and acceptable to all stakeholders, it is
necessary to create a congenial atmosphere."
He said, "Addressing genuine concerns of the people of
Jammu and Kashmir and restoring their democratic rights are
must for developing grounds for dialogue process."
The former chief minister pointed out that even after the
visit of the all party delegation to the state and
announcement of the eight point agenda, the government had not
taken a single step except appointing the interlocutors.
Speaking on the occasion, PDP chief Mehbooba Mufti said
that people of Jammu would also be involved in the process of
solving the Kashmir problem because they are equal
stakeholders in the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH