PM should convene RTC on Kashmir & involve separatists: PDP
Jammu: Opposition Peoples Democratic Party on Sunday urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to convene a round
table conference for the resolution of the Kashmir issue and
involve all stakeholders, including separatists into it.
Batting strongly for fulfilling four pre-conditions,
including the release of political prisoners and revoking of
draconian acts for starting a meaningful dialogue, PDP patron
Mufti Mohammad Sayeed said, "No group could afford to spurn
the dialogue offer provided the four conditions be fulfilled
before extending any invitation."
Mufti, who was addressing a rally here said, "To make any
initiative fruitful and acceptable to all stakeholders, it is
necessary to create a congenial atmosphere."
He said, "Addressing genuine concerns of the people of
Jammu and Kashmir and restoring their democratic rights are
must for developing grounds for dialogue process."
The former chief minister pointed out that even after the
visit of the all party delegation to the state and
announcement of the eight point agenda, the government had not
taken a single step except appointing the interlocutors.
Speaking on the occasion, PDP chief Mehbooba Mufti said
that people of Jammu would also be involved in the process of
solving the Kashmir problem because they are equal
stakeholders in the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015