Policeman shot dead by militants in Kashmir
Srinagar: A policeman on duty was shot dead by pistol-borne militants at a busy market area in Pulwama district of south Kashmir on Tuesday.
Constable Dalbir Singh was shot at by unidentified militants from a very close range at Rajpora chowk in Pulwama town, 35 kms from here, police said.
Singh was referred to a hospital here in a critical condition, where he succumbed to injuries.
An operation has been launched to track down the assailants who fled the scene taking advantage of panic, police said.
No militant outfit has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'