Policeman shot dead by militants in Kashmir
Srinagar: A policeman on duty was shot dead by pistol-borne militants at a busy market area in Pulwama district of south Kashmir on Tuesday.
Constable Dalbir Singh was shot at by unidentified militants from a very close range at Rajpora chowk in Pulwama town, 35 kms from here, police said.
Singh was referred to a hospital here in a critical condition, where he succumbed to injuries.
An operation has been launched to track down the assailants who fled the scene taking advantage of panic, police said.
No militant outfit has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional