Principal Secretary designated as first Appellate Authority
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra on Saturday designated his Principal Secretary Raj Kumar Goyal as the First Appellate Authority in the Secretariat under the Jammu and Kashmmir Right to Information Act 2009.
The Governor also designated Pankaj Magotra, the Deputy Secretary in the Governor`s Secretariat, as the Public Information Officer (PIO) under the Act.
An order to this effect was issued by the Raj Bhavan here, an official release said.
The Governor had directed the First Appellate Authority and the PIO to strictly ensure compliance of the provisions of the J and K Right to Information Act and the time-bound disposal of valid applications received under the law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family