Rahul Gandhi visits J&K Congress headquarters
Srinagar: Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Saturday visited the party headquarters here with the state unit president Saif-ud-din Soz claiming that the leader was the highest ranking office-bearer to visit the office since the eruption of militancy.
Soon after his arrival here, Gandhi visited the JKPCC headquarters on Moulana Azad Road in busy Lal Chowk area of the city, where he inspected the office, Soz told reporters here.
"I can`t remember anyone as high ranking as Rahul Gandhi visiting this office," Soz, who joined Congress following his ouster from National Conference in 1999, said.
Gandhi`s visit to the JKPCC office was slotted into his schedule after his visit to the earthquake affected Doda-Kishtwar belt was cancelled due to inclement weather.
Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh and Information Technology Minister Kapil Sibal have visited the PCC headquarters last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...