Rahul Gandhi visits J&K Congress headquarters
Srinagar: Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Saturday visited the party headquarters here with the state unit president Saif-ud-din Soz claiming that the leader was the highest ranking office-bearer to visit the office since the eruption of militancy.
Soon after his arrival here, Gandhi visited the JKPCC headquarters on Moulana Azad Road in busy Lal Chowk area of the city, where he inspected the office, Soz told reporters here.
"I can`t remember anyone as high ranking as Rahul Gandhi visiting this office," Soz, who joined Congress following his ouster from National Conference in 1999, said.
Gandhi`s visit to the JKPCC office was slotted into his schedule after his visit to the earthquake affected Doda-Kishtwar belt was cancelled due to inclement weather.
Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh and Information Technology Minister Kapil Sibal have visited the PCC headquarters last year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary