Rahul Gandhi visits J&K Congress headquarters
Srinagar: Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Saturday visited the party headquarters here with the state unit president Saif-ud-din Soz claiming that the leader was the highest ranking office-bearer to visit the office since the eruption of militancy.
Soon after his arrival here, Gandhi visited the JKPCC headquarters on Moulana Azad Road in busy Lal Chowk area of the city, where he inspected the office, Soz told reporters here.
"I can`t remember anyone as high ranking as Rahul Gandhi visiting this office," Soz, who joined Congress following his ouster from National Conference in 1999, said.
Gandhi`s visit to the JKPCC office was slotted into his schedule after his visit to the earthquake affected Doda-Kishtwar belt was cancelled due to inclement weather.
Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh and Information Technology Minister Kapil Sibal have visited the PCC headquarters last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj