Rahul Gandhi visits J&K Congress headquarters
Srinagar: Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Saturday visited the party headquarters here with the state unit president Saif-ud-din Soz claiming that the leader was the highest ranking office-bearer to visit the office since the eruption of militancy.
Soon after his arrival here, Gandhi visited the JKPCC headquarters on Moulana Azad Road in busy Lal Chowk area of the city, where he inspected the office, Soz told reporters here.
"I can`t remember anyone as high ranking as Rahul Gandhi visiting this office," Soz, who joined Congress following his ouster from National Conference in 1999, said.
Gandhi`s visit to the JKPCC office was slotted into his schedule after his visit to the earthquake affected Doda-Kishtwar belt was cancelled due to inclement weather.
Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh and Information Technology Minister Kapil Sibal have visited the PCC headquarters last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown