Rahul has backtracked on J&K panchayats issue: BJP
Jammu: BJP on Friday criticised Rahul Gandhi for his remark on the Panchayati Raj system in Jammu and Kashmir being a model for the rest of the nation, and accused the Congress general secretary of "backtracking" on his assurance over strengthening the village-level institutions.
"Rahul Gandhi has completely forgotten as to what was stated by the delegation of Sarpanches and his state president Prof Saif-ud-Din Soz in respect of implementing 73rd & 74th constitutional amendments in J&K," state BJP general secretary Satish Sharma said.
After raising questions on it, Gandhi had yesterday said the model of Panchayati Raj followed in the state "is going to set an example for the entire nation."
Gandhi had backtracked on his assurance to the delegation that he would discuss the issue once in the state, and demoralised them, Sharma alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics