Rahul has backtracked on J&K panchayats issue: BJP
Jammu: BJP on Friday criticised Rahul Gandhi for his remark on the Panchayati Raj system in Jammu and Kashmir being a model for the rest of the nation, and accused the Congress general secretary of "backtracking" on his assurance over strengthening the village-level institutions.
"Rahul Gandhi has completely forgotten as to what was stated by the delegation of Sarpanches and his state president Prof Saif-ud-Din Soz in respect of implementing 73rd & 74th constitutional amendments in J&K," state BJP general secretary Satish Sharma said.
After raising questions on it, Gandhi had yesterday said the model of Panchayati Raj followed in the state "is going to set an example for the entire nation."
Gandhi had backtracked on his assurance to the delegation that he would discuss the issue once in the state, and demoralised them, Sharma alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her