Rana dares VK Singh to name J&K ministers taking money
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir`s National Conference on Monday night took strong exception to the allegations levelled by former army chief Gen VK Singh about some ministers in the state taking money and dared him to name the recipients.
"It is indeed a sad and unfortunate day for the Indian nation and the Indian Army in particular that the former Army Chief is making such reckless and unsubstantiated statements", Rana said while reacting to the allegations made by General Singh to television channels this evening."
Provincial President of National Conference Devender Singh Rana was responding to the claims made by Gen Singh, who is in the eye of a storm over reports that attempts were made to topple Jammu and Kashmir government during his tenure as Army Chief, that "certain ministers" in the state are given money by the army for "stability" and that this has been going on since Independence.
Rana described as "unfortunate" the bid to "sensationalize" the matter by the former army chief "in a bid to divert the attention from the core issue".
The Provincial President dared the former army chief to name the ministers of Jammu and Kashmir taking money and said if the name of any National Conference minister figures, he will be sacked by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah as National Conference believes in morality and probity in public life.
"As far as Mr Mir is concerned, after the statement of General Singh, it is he who has to address to his conscience", Rana added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...