Registration for Amarnath yatra begins
Jammu: Registration for the annual Amarnath pilgrimage, set to begin from June 25, commenced on Monday at 174 bank branches across the country.
Registration of pilgrims visiting the shrine from both Baltal and Chandanwari routes began across the country through 174 bank branches and Internet based e-registration system.
The Shri Amarnath Shrine Board has set up registration counters at 121 designated branches of the J-K Bank, 49 branches of the YES Bank and 4 District Cooperative Banks.
"The registeration, which began around 3 pm today at J&K Bank branches of Bakshi Nagar, Gandhi Nagar and TRC saw large number of pilgrims aspiring to undertake pilgrimage to cave shrine of Amarnath in South Kashmir Himalayas," Zonal Head Jammu and Kashmir Bank OP Sharma told reporters today.
"We have registered over 3300 pilgrims in Jammu apart from other agencies," Sharma said.
The Yatra will commence simultaneously from Baltal and Chandanwari routes on June 25 and culminate on August 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH