Revenue official arrested for accepting bribe in J&K
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir State Vigilance Organisation on Tuesday arrested a patwari (revenue official) for allegedly accepting a bribe to make entries in revenue records in Budgam district.
Ashiq Ali Khan, working as a Patwari in Karewa Damander village of Chadoora, was caught while accepting bribe from a complainant Fayaz Ahmad Ganie, a spokesman of the SVO said here.
Ganie had lodged a complaint with the SVO alleging that Khan was demanding an amount of Rs 2,500 as illegal gratification for making the entries in the revenue records.
The spokesman said, one Manzoor Ahmad Aiyam, a resident of Haiderpora, had fraudulently managed to enter his name in the records of the land, which is under the possession and cultivation of the complainant (Ganie) since decades.
The complainant approached Tehsildar, who had endorsed the application to the concerned Patwari for the required corrections in the records, the spokesman said, adding the revenue official however, demanded the bribe.
The complainant approached SVO and the case was registered and investigations were taken up, he said.
During the probe, officials of the Vigilance Organisation laid a trap and the accused Patwari was caught while accepting phenolphthalein-dusted notes amounting to Rs 2,500 from the complainant in the presence of independent witnesses, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes