Revenue official arrested for accepting bribe in J&K
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir State Vigilance Organisation on Tuesday arrested a patwari (revenue official) for allegedly accepting a bribe to make entries in revenue records in Budgam district.
Ashiq Ali Khan, working as a Patwari in Karewa Damander village of Chadoora, was caught while accepting bribe from a complainant Fayaz Ahmad Ganie, a spokesman of the SVO said here.
Ganie had lodged a complaint with the SVO alleging that Khan was demanding an amount of Rs 2,500 as illegal gratification for making the entries in the revenue records.
The spokesman said, one Manzoor Ahmad Aiyam, a resident of Haiderpora, had fraudulently managed to enter his name in the records of the land, which is under the possession and cultivation of the complainant (Ganie) since decades.
The complainant approached Tehsildar, who had endorsed the application to the concerned Patwari for the required corrections in the records, the spokesman said, adding the revenue official however, demanded the bribe.
The complainant approached SVO and the case was registered and investigations were taken up, he said.
During the probe, officials of the Vigilance Organisation laid a trap and the accused Patwari was caught while accepting phenolphthalein-dusted notes amounting to Rs 2,500 from the complainant in the presence of independent witnesses, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America