Rs 10 crore allocated for women welfare schemes in J&K
Srinagar: Around Rs 10 crore have been
allocated for the welfare of women to help them in setting up
their own income generating units in Jammu and Kashmir, state
Minister for Social Welfare Sakina Itoo said here.
Various welfare schemes have been formulated to uplift
the economic conditions of the women in the state, she said.
"An amount of Rs 10 crore has been earmarked for the
welfare of the women so that they could set up their own
income generating units," she said while addressing a function
organised by Social Welfare department for distribution of
cheques worth Rs 43 lakh as minority scholarship in north
Kashmir`s Baramulla district here.
The minister said government is planning to set up
"moving Anganwari Centres" for Gujjar and Bakerwal community,
who live a nomadic life herding sheep and goats in search of
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India