Rs 22 cr disbursed to militancy affected families
Srinagar: A compensation of Rs 22 crore was
distributed among militancy affected families in Jammu and
Kashmir during the current fiscal year, Social Welfare
Minister Sakina Itoo said.
The fund was provided by the National Foundation for
Communal Harmony, under the aegis of the Union Ministry of
Home Affairs, Itoo said at an awareness camp organised by the
Department of Social Welfare at Sumbal in Bandipora district
of north Kashmir yesterday.
She said the government was determined to improve the lot
of people living below poverty line and those who suffered
because of militancy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Attack on Istanbul airport inhuman: PM Narendra Modi
- Spine-chilling video of road rage incident in Hong Kong: Watch
- 'Beef smugglers' forced to eat cow dung, Gau Raksha Dal claims they were 'cleansed' of their 'sins'
- Katrina Kaif or Jacqueline Fernandez – Who will be chosen by Salman Khan?
- Do you know what is the FIRST thing Salman Khan asks when he meets someone? Click here