Rs 22 cr disbursed to militancy affected families
Srinagar: A compensation of Rs 22 crore was
distributed among militancy affected families in Jammu and
Kashmir during the current fiscal year, Social Welfare
Minister Sakina Itoo said.
The fund was provided by the National Foundation for
Communal Harmony, under the aegis of the Union Ministry of
Home Affairs, Itoo said at an awareness camp organised by the
Department of Social Welfare at Sumbal in Bandipora district
of north Kashmir yesterday.
She said the government was determined to improve the lot
of people living below poverty line and those who suffered
because of militancy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal