Schools in Kashmir Valley to reopen Monday
Srinagar: After remaining closed for three months on account of winter vacation, schools in Kashmir Valley are expected to reopen as per their schedule tomorrow as no strike has been called by separatist organisations on the day.
An official of the school education department said there will be no extension in the vacations as the weather in the Valley has improved significantly over the past 10 days.
Schools in the state are close in December every year for winter vacations and reopen on March 1 next year.
However this year, the reopening got delayed as the authorities decided to extend the vacations by two weeks due to weather conditions.
Earlier there were apprehensions that the outfits could call for a strike on the day the schools are scheduled to open.
However the Majlis Mashawarat, an amalgamation of several separatist groups seeking handing over of mortal remains of Mohammad Afzal Guru and Mohammad Maqbool Bhat to their families, has said there will be no strike tomorrow.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know