Schools in Kashmir Valley to reopen Monday
Srinagar: After remaining closed for three months on account of winter vacation, schools in Kashmir Valley are expected to reopen as per their schedule tomorrow as no strike has been called by separatist organisations on the day.
An official of the school education department said there will be no extension in the vacations as the weather in the Valley has improved significantly over the past 10 days.
Schools in the state are close in December every year for winter vacations and reopen on March 1 next year.
However this year, the reopening got delayed as the authorities decided to extend the vacations by two weeks due to weather conditions.
Earlier there were apprehensions that the outfits could call for a strike on the day the schools are scheduled to open.
However the Majlis Mashawarat, an amalgamation of several separatist groups seeking handing over of mortal remains of Mohammad Afzal Guru and Mohammad Maqbool Bhat to their families, has said there will be no strike tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!