Schools in Kashmir Valley to reopen Monday
Srinagar: After remaining closed for three months on account of winter vacation, schools in Kashmir Valley are expected to reopen as per their schedule tomorrow as no strike has been called by separatist organisations on the day.
An official of the school education department said there will be no extension in the vacations as the weather in the Valley has improved significantly over the past 10 days.
Schools in the state are close in December every year for winter vacations and reopen on March 1 next year.
However this year, the reopening got delayed as the authorities decided to extend the vacations by two weeks due to weather conditions.
Earlier there were apprehensions that the outfits could call for a strike on the day the schools are scheduled to open.
However the Majlis Mashawarat, an amalgamation of several separatist groups seeking handing over of mortal remains of Mohammad Afzal Guru and Mohammad Maqbool Bhat to their families, has said there will be no strike tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead