‘Security environment in J&K congenial for MNCs to come’
Srinagar: The security environment in Jammu and Kashmir was congenial for multinational companies to come to the state and help in its economic growth, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said on friday.
During a luncheon meeting with top businessmen of the country including Ratan Tata and Kumar Manglam Birla besides Kashmiri entrepreneurs, Omar spoke about the various areas where India Inc could step in and help in rebuilding the economic sector of the state, sources privy to the meeting said.
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi, who was also present at the meeting, asked business leaders to look for ways and means for spreading their trade to the state.
Talking about the state, Omar said the security situation in the state has shown considerable improvement and his government`s main aim was focused on reducing the unemployment.
The improved security situation should instill confidence among the business houses, he said.
Sharing the same thoughts, Tata group Chairman Ratan Tata said that India Inc would definitely like to be an economic stake holder in the state.
Besides Tata, Aditya Birla group Kumar Manglam Birla, HDFC chairman Deepak Parikh and Managing Director of Bajaj Auto Rajeev Bajaj, Chairman of Sun Silk Sheikh Imran, Managing Director `Tresh` (mineral water) Farooq Amin were present at the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read