‘Security environment in J&K congenial for MNCs to come’
Srinagar: The security environment in Jammu and Kashmir was congenial for multinational companies to come to the state and help in its economic growth, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said on friday.
During a luncheon meeting with top businessmen of the country including Ratan Tata and Kumar Manglam Birla besides Kashmiri entrepreneurs, Omar spoke about the various areas where India Inc could step in and help in rebuilding the economic sector of the state, sources privy to the meeting said.
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi, who was also present at the meeting, asked business leaders to look for ways and means for spreading their trade to the state.
Talking about the state, Omar said the security situation in the state has shown considerable improvement and his government`s main aim was focused on reducing the unemployment.
The improved security situation should instill confidence among the business houses, he said.
Sharing the same thoughts, Tata group Chairman Ratan Tata said that India Inc would definitely like to be an economic stake holder in the state.
Besides Tata, Aditya Birla group Kumar Manglam Birla, HDFC chairman Deepak Parikh and Managing Director of Bajaj Auto Rajeev Bajaj, Chairman of Sun Silk Sheikh Imran, Managing Director `Tresh` (mineral water) Farooq Amin were present at the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Piers Morgan pokes fun at India's performance in Rio: Here's how Virender Sehwag SHUT him down
- Raj Thackeray defies SC order, MNS ties Dahi-Handi at 49 feet in Thane
- Fashion for me is feeling glamorous, confident: Shraddha Kapoor
- Jio does Apple, people throng Reliance Stores for free 4G test SIM
- SHOCKING: DySP forces women trainees to mention their period dates, makes fun of pregnant cadet