Separatist PPP opens communication channel with interlocutors
Srinagar: Breaking ranks from
separatists who have refused to interact with Centre`s
interlocutors, Peoples Political Party (PPP) today said it
will send a roadmap for resolution of Kashmir issue to the
"I am offering this roadmap on behalf of the people of
Kashmir so that the notion that Kashmiris have nothing to
offer ends. So we are offering this (roadmap) to the
Government of India through the interlocutors," PPP chairman
Hilal Ahmad War told reporters here.
War, who said it is an initiative being taken by the
party on its own, is the first separatist politician in the
Valley to establish contact with the interlocutors as others
have so far described the process as an exercise in futility.
He said it was "sad" that interlocutors on Kashmir are
trying to give the notion that nobody in the "pro-freedom
camp" has a roadmap or solution.
"Just because some leaders in the resistance camp
confess they have nothing to offer does not mean the search
should stop there," War said.
He said Kashmiris do have solutions to offer to the
Centre and Pakistan.
War asked the government to "soften" its Kashmir
policy. He said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh "needs to enact
a role of a bold visionary" and consider a solution of Kashmir
outside the "rubric of Indian federalism".
"To desire a leadership role in world affairs, India
needs to be perceived as a country that can rectify its past
mistakes," he said.
War said hardline Hurriyat leader Syed Ali Shah
Geelani`s five-point formula is not a roadmap but "confidence
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in