Separatist PPP opens communication channel with interlocutors
Srinagar: Breaking ranks from
separatists who have refused to interact with Centre`s
interlocutors, Peoples Political Party (PPP) today said it
will send a roadmap for resolution of Kashmir issue to the
"I am offering this roadmap on behalf of the people of
Kashmir so that the notion that Kashmiris have nothing to
offer ends. So we are offering this (roadmap) to the
Government of India through the interlocutors," PPP chairman
Hilal Ahmad War told reporters here.
War, who said it is an initiative being taken by the
party on its own, is the first separatist politician in the
Valley to establish contact with the interlocutors as others
have so far described the process as an exercise in futility.
He said it was "sad" that interlocutors on Kashmir are
trying to give the notion that nobody in the "pro-freedom
camp" has a roadmap or solution.
"Just because some leaders in the resistance camp
confess they have nothing to offer does not mean the search
should stop there," War said.
He said Kashmiris do have solutions to offer to the
Centre and Pakistan.
War asked the government to "soften" its Kashmir
policy. He said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh "needs to enact
a role of a bold visionary" and consider a solution of Kashmir
outside the "rubric of Indian federalism".
"To desire a leadership role in world affairs, India
needs to be perceived as a country that can rectify its past
mistakes," he said.
War said hardline Hurriyat leader Syed Ali Shah
Geelani`s five-point formula is not a roadmap but "confidence
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees